Thursday, July 22

First Birthday Planning...

is coming along nicely.

My plan to keep it low key, and low budget is still on course as Charm City Daddy is not involved in the planning. When I asked CCD what we should do to make the party special he suggested...petting zoo!  Then I looked up the cost of a petting zoo and realized it costs what I wanted to pay for the entire party. Cha-Ching! I don't think Olivia needs 2 ponies at her first birthday party--we need something to strive for later. Plus, she'd be happy just to see a dog (*tear, *tear). If I can barter the animal people down to small bunnies, chicks, ducks, guinea pics and baby animals only--I think I can get the price down. We'll see. Stay tuned.

Thanks to some very talented Etsy artists,  to date I've spent hardly anything on decor, custom invites, custom bag tags, custom and assorted cupcake toppers, cupcake wrappers, paper goods, and props like a cupcake stand I can reuse. Here's some of what we've got so far...

1. Tissue for Pom Poms
2. Animal Garland (2)
3. Animal Napkins
4. Animal Toppers (will be used for hors d'oeuvres)
5. Cupcake Stand
6. Cupcake Wrappers
(not pictured but purchased: custom invites, custom bag tags, and custom cupcake toppers).

Now that I see everything together, I'm thinking it needs some girlie touches.  I have to work on that with fresh flowers, and using ribbons to hang the pom poms or something.

Still to do: 
  • Brainstorm kids' games/entertainment: One down (ball pit!), many more to go.
  • Determine gift bag/favors
  • Cupcakes- make 'em? or order 'em? 
  • Determine a kid and adult-friendly menu
  • Make a photo DVD of CCB's first year to play on repeat in the living room.
  • Figure out outdoor seating situation
We are exactly 30 days away today! Ahhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment