Monday, November 9

Who's the Boss?



"Did you hear me, Mamarazzi?  I said put the camera DOWN! I'm the boss!"

Olivia is the boss. And when she clenches that fist...I listen.

I thought we'd try to start sleep training when Olivia turned 12 weeks next week and until then we'd keep her in the bassinet in our room.

Well, last week at Week 10, she reminded me that she is in charge and started sleeping for 8 hour stretches through the night. So I guess we are sleep training now and Charm City Daddy and I are the ones getting trained!

O typically goes down for the night at 10:30 p.m and doesn't wake up for good until about 6 a.m.  Even then she is just staring around and smiling at her sheep mobile or her striped ceiling. She really tries to call out for us before she gets to a place where she is frustrated that no one is responding to her.

She is really good at putting herself to sleep too. All I have to do is give her a one-arm swaddle and a pacifier and she takes care of the rest.

And I must admit, with this new routine of waking up at 6 a.m. for the day (nearly 2 hours earlier than pre-baby) I am feeling a lot better going in to work in the morning. And it's MUCH better than my first week back to work with the constant up and down all night and then sleeping in too late.

The books say she will sleep train and then regress at month 4, but I won't claim it! I won't.


No comments:

Post a Comment