Sunday, April 5

Nursery Update!

The painters finished the nursery this week and it looks fantastic!

Just so you get a better since of what decade (the 80's) we started with...


and during (after wallpaper removal)...


and here's the after...
That's black chalkboard paint (fun fun fun!). Black chalkboard paint is on two walls that mirror each other, while white is on the other two opposing walls. You should have seen my mom's face when I told her I was painting the baby's room black. Priceless.
The ceiling detail is my favorite...

I like how the painters carried the ceiling stripes down to the (picture rail) crown molding in the corners. It is hard to tell from these pictures but I also had the stripes alternate between satin and flat finish paint to add some interest. I hear babies like contrast. I also heard a long time ago that yellow makes babies cry, so we used that in moderation.
I am so grateful to the inspiration pic from Domino Magazine's feature on Jenna Lyons. And just think Domino is extinct now. Sad.
Keeping inspiration in mind, I hope to incorporate more of my own touches in the rest of nursery, so that the room is in keeping with the "classic meets modern" direction the rest of the house is going. But this room is so fresh and fun that it doesn't bother me if it turns out to have a bit more of a modern edge than the other rooms in the house.
I can't wait to see the finished product. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment